The new Lagae Road detour opened last month and will be in effect until October of this year. The City of Castle Pines requests that drivers use extra caution when navigating the new roundabout at the intersection of Lagae Road and Mira Vista.
By Kathy Fallert; illustrations courtesy of the City of Castle Pines
Change has come to Lagae Road in the City of Castle Pines. Families with children attending American Academy and residents of Castle Pines Village who frequent Gate 5 have likely noticed changes to their daily route. A new Lagae Road detour has been implemented, and a new roundabout at Lagae Road and Mira Vista opened in early February.
The City of Castle Pines requests that drivers use extra caution while adjusting to the new traffic patterns. Since there are very few roundabouts in the area, here are some quick reminders on navigation:
– Traffic in roundabouts always travels counterclockwise
– Look to the left and yield to drivers already in the roundabout before entering
– Stopping before entering the roundabout is not required, but you may need to stop and wait for a gap in traffic
– Make sure to stay in your lane as you navigate the roundabout
– Look for pedestrians and use your turn signal before exiting
The new Lagae Road detour and traffic pattern are designed to accommodate construction of the Lagae Road realignment, which will eventually intersect with Monarch Boulevard. Traffic on Lagae Road will be re-routed until October 2017 as part of the Lagae Ranch development.